Example Drawing Template
Drawing Template Properties
- Name and Description
- Page Size
- Page Margins
- Page Orientation
- Images (such as company logo)
- Text (NOT editable in a Harness/System)
- Text Fields (editable in a Harness/System)
Creating Your Own Template
To create your own company template, one of the easiest ways is to clone an existing design.
- Navigate to the Open Screen (File -> Open or Ctrl+O)
- In the list of Design Types on the left, Hover over 'Drawing Template' and click 'Select Only'
- Open one of the existing templates based on the desired page size
- In the Toolbar at the top, click 'Clone to New Design'
Make your desired changes to your new Drawing Template
- Add/Delete Images
- Add/Edit/Delete Text
- Add/Edit/Delete Text Fields
- Save your Drawing Template
Using Your Template in a Harness or System
Once you have created and saved your own template, you can now use this template in your Harness or System.
Right click on the background of your Top Level drawing and select 'Change Drawing Template...' OR
In your Design Assembly, right click on the Top Level Template, and select 'Change Design...'
- Select your saved Drawing Template
Note - if you wish to share this template with the rest of your team, you will need to Version this Design.
Drawing Templates have the ability to automatically populate Text when they are used in a Harness or System drawing.
In particular, any Text objects with the value '$PART_NUMBER$', '$MANUFACTURER$', or '$DESCRIPTION$' will be automatically replaced and populated with its corresponding property.
You can also watch tutorial video covering Drawing Templates in more detail.